What is desiccated coconut?
- Desiccated coconut is coconut meat that is shredded, chopped, or powdered, then dried. It is made by eliminating the coconut fruit’s natural moisture. It has a fresh sweetness and nutty flavour with a snow-white look.
- Dessicated coconut can be eaten as a snack, added to cereal, baked products, salads, smoothies, and cooked veggies. Grated coconut is used as a garnish in a variety of traditional South Indian meals. It’s also available in a sugar-free version. It’s perfect for cookies, cakes, pastries, sweets, puddings, and any other coconut-based recipe that can’t utilise raw grated coconut.
- Mezhukkattil Mills Desiccated Coconut is made from high-grade coconuts sourced from the finest farms. Each coconut is carefully selected, dried, and desiccated using our patented temperature-controlled process, following the best hygiene and safety standards. It is nutrient-rich, easy-to-use, ready-made, organic, making it the best in quality.
- Desiccated coconut contains a lot of fat but is low in cholesterol and salt.
- The health advantages of desiccated coconut are similar to those of fresh coconut meat which are rich in fibre and antioxidants.